Thursday, February 7, 2013

When the Going Gets Tough...




 

…the Tough Go Skiing!  Earlier this week, for the first time this year, our area got enough snow to cross country ski.  The first day, Wynn went out with our cycling/skiing buddies, Ann and Mike, without me.  Hearing how beautiful it was in the forest, I wanted to go out so badly.  So, the next day, Wynn, Brigid and I went out.  I wasn’t able to go far or fast, but being out skiing on a crisp, winter day did me a lot of good.  It was great…Brigid stayed with me and Wynn could take off, here and there, for a quick aerobic burst.  For that time, I didn’t feel sick. Can you imagine...I didn't feel like I have cancer?!  Amazing.


Two days later, Wynn and I skied again.  I know that Wynn loves to get a good workout when he goes out to ski, but he stayed with me and barely broke a sweat.  I love my husband.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to cross country ski. I go in Elmwood park near where you grew up. What pure joy, you must have felt going with Wynn and your friend. You look so GOOD. I am sure it was great to forget that you were sick and get refreshed out in the snowy weather. Keep up the courage to forge ahead, Luna. You are one brave sole!! Love Kath

Unknown said...

You look great Luna! So glad you got outside and had fun.

Faith said...

Thanks for posting thiis