Friday, March 29, 2013

Visits from Dana, Yurie, Bruce and Vicki





I haven’t been able to blog very much lately because I’ve been unable to work on my computer due the side effects of my new oral chemotherapy.  I’ll blog about that later.  What I do want you all to know is that in between nausea days and vomiting, I had visits from some wonderful friends and family in mid-March. 



Dana and I go back to the early 80’s when she and I shared an apartment in the Richmond District in San Francisco, (on 26th St. between Clement and Lake.)  Dana stayed in the Bay Area and now lives in Menlo Park.  She’s my spark plug – and a wonderful artist.  Come see some of her works at my house!







Also, that weekend, my cousin, Yurie, and her husband, Bruce, came to visit me.  Although Yurie is from Tokyo and Bruce is from Rhode Island, they are now living in Saipan – which sounds like paradise. 











A few days after Dana, Yurie and Bruce left, my dear friend, Vicki came to see me.  Vicki is a fellow genetic counselor and we worked together at the University of California-San Francisco Med Center back in the 80’s.  Life has also thrown Vicki a curve ball recently – her husband, David, passed away, suddenly and unexpectedly in January.  The only positive thing I can think to say for Vicki and me when life sends us shitty curve balls, like cancer and the death of a spouse, is that I’m grateful that we have each other to help us get through the really hard parts. 







I’m so thankful that I’ve had an opportunity to see long-time friends and wonderful relatives.  No doubt, the joy I get from these visits gives me strength and sure does make me happy :)  !


1 comment:

Wanwan said...

Wonderful photos of you and your wonderful friends and family, Luna! BTW, your hair looks lovely!! Sorry to hear the side effects are tough. Do you take the oral meds in cycles like the chemo?