Saturday, March 23, 2013

Meet Mia, My Hero


Mia is in kindergarten and the daughter of a nurse I work with.  She had very long hair and decided to get it cut.  But before getting it cut, Mia grew it out as long as she could so that she could donate her hair to Locks of Love – a non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the U.S. and Canada, who have long term hair loss due to a medical condition.  (www.locksoflove.org)

Mia grew her hair out so long that when she finally got it cut, she was able to donate 12-inches!  




The reason Mia is my hero is because she donated her hair in my honor.  Thank you, Mia.  I am so honored and I will never forget your act of kindness. 

  


2 comments:

Denise Friesen said...

How Sweet that Mia did this in your honor...she has such a sweet smile.

Emma did this several years back, and because her hair is SO thick, she was able to send 3 12 inch strands to locks of love!

Praying your nausea is better this week.
love, denise

Ann said...

Not only is she a hero, but she looks absolutely adorable with her new shoulder length do