Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I Thought I Was Going to Die of Cancer...

...but now think I may die at the hands of white supremacists whose fire is being fueled by trump's support of their hate, bigotry and racism...or maybe by a nuclear bomb sent to the Chicago area by the North Koreans because of trump's ignorant and antagonistic rhetoric.  It sure seems like trump is going to get us, Americans, killed...one way or another. 


     I still may die of cancer.  I prefer that.  It may be sooner rather than later, if the Republicans and trump repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act with something that removes the pre-existing conditions clause and adds lifetime caps.  Despite recent failures to pass repeal and replace legislation, the Republicans and trump seem hell-bent on bringing it all up again because how else will they be able to pass tax cuts for the rich unless they take away health care from 30 million Americans and restrict access to care for those of us with existing conditions? [http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/18/politics/health-care-options-uninsured/index.html]

     I also thought that the scary uncertainty of my cancer was the ultimate in unsettling life worries, but now I know that the uncertainties for my personal safety, and the safety of the people that I love, are much worse under this president.


     I am a Japanese American woman living with stage 4 cancer in a country with a very unstable president.  It's not possible for me to end this blog post on a positive note.  But, I'm not ready to give up yet.  I'm writing my Congressman, (as lame as he is) and my Senators to let them know how I feel.  I ask you to do the same.  Please.

Find your Representative:   https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
Find your Senator:  https://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/senators_cfm.cfm



      Last weekend we rode our bikes at the Chicago Botanical Garden with our friends Ann and Mike Kennedy, and saw the butterfly exhibit.  Around the world, people view the butterfly as representing endurance, change, hope, and life.



BTW...I can't bring myself to capitalize the "t" in trump; don't know why...just won't do it.






4 comments:

Maizie said...

Love this. I think we all feel this way.

Lauri Y. said...

Thank you,Luna! So well said. Have been in frequent contact with my Senators. There are many of us fighting for continued health care for you and others. You have support behind you.

CancerconsultIndia said...

Thank you very much for sharing this blog with us it is very informative post.
cancer doctor in noida
best cancer doctors in noida
best cancer doctors in delhi

muskan said...

I would thankful to you for sharing valuable information about cancer treatment.Very nice article,keep it up.
donate for cancer patients